Diocesan Director of Education
In her role, Carolyn:
- Communicates and supports the Diocese's vision for children and young people through a range of partnerships.
- Supports Church Schools to stand confidently at the heart of the church's mission to children and families across Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Challenges and supports church schools to recruit high quality leaders and deliver highly effective provision for the children and young people they serve.
- Acts as a strategic partner and provider with Local Authorities, Teaching School Alliances, the Regional Schools Commissioner, the Department for Education and the National Society.
- Develops closer working relationships between the DBE and other Diocesan Boards, committees and agencies.
- Advises the Bishop on educational matters from General Synod, National Society, Department for Education and Local Authorities
- Deals with all issues regarding academies, including initial advice for governing bodies.
- Works with Regional Schools Commissioner regarding conversion to academy status and conversion through the sponsored route.
- Represents the DBE as a member for all Academy trusts.
Carolyn has worked in a range of primary school settings from small to large, rural and urban, church and community. Her senior leadership roles have required a significant school improvement focus and she has partnered with a Local Authority to support schools through Executive Headship. Working as a strategic partner in a successful Teaching School Alliance, Carolyn has devised and delivered a range of training and development programmes for teachers and senior leaders. Carolyn is a SIAMS Inspector and qualified as an Additional Inspector with Ofsted in January 2015.
The Education team (in surname alphabetical order)
In her role, Lesley:
Administers the Foundation Governor appointment process for schools and academies.
Provides personal assistance to the Director and is the first point of contact for Carolyn Lewis.
Clerks the Diocesan Board of Education and its committees.
Provides administrative oversight to the DBE team.
Telephone: 0116 261 5350
SIAMS & Training Administrator (Part-time)
In her role, Yamini:
- Administers the SIAMS Inspections for the diocese.
- Organises conferences and training events.
- Provides a range of administrative support to the DBE team and the Assistant Director.
Telephone: 0116 261 5352
Assistant Director for Education
In her role, Yolanda:
- Leads the promotion and development of RE, Collective Worship and ethos and distinctiveness of church schools.
- Works with the Director in taking forward the diocesan objectives ensuring that headteachers, governors and clergy have a voice into the Board.
- Coordinate and enhances the programme of support, advice and training for schools and where appropriate clergy.
- Represent the DBE at SACRE meetings.
- Undertake data analysis of church schools to aid support and development across the diocese.
- Manage the SIAMS inspection process.