Diocesan Director of Education
In her role, Carolyn:
- Communicates and supports the Diocese's vision for children and young people through a range of partnerships.
- Supports Church Schools to stand confidently at the heart of the church's mission to children and families across Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Challenges and supports church schools to recruit high quality leaders and deliver highly effective provision for the children and young people they serve.
- Acts as a strategic partner and provider with Local Authorities, Teaching School Alliances, the Regional Schools Commissioner, the Department for Education and the National Society.
- Develops closer working relationships between the DBE and other Diocesan Boards, committees and agencies.
- Advises the Bishop on educational matters from General Synod, National Society, Department for Education and Local Authorities
- Deals with all issues regarding academies, including initial advice for governing bodies.
- Works with Regional Schools Commissioner regarding conversion to academy status and conversion through the sponsored route.
- Represents the DBE as a member for all Academy trusts.
Carolyn has worked in a range of primary school settings from small to large, rural and urban, church and community. Her senior leadership roles have required a significant school improvement focus and she has partnered with a Local Authority to support schools through Executive Headship. Working as a strategic partner in a successful Teaching School Alliance, Carolyn has devised and delivered a range of training and development programmes for teachers and senior leaders. Carolyn is a SIAMS Inspector and qualified as an Additional Inspector with Ofsted in January 2015.
Assistant Director for Education
In her role, Yolanda:
- Leads the promotion and development of RE, Collective Worship and ethos and distinctiveness of church schools.
- Works with the Director in taking forward the diocesan objectives ensuring that headteachers, governors and clergy have a voice into the Board.
- Coordinate and enhances the programme of support, advice and training for schools and where appropriate clergy.
- Represent the DBE at SACRE meetings.
- Undertake data analysis of church schools to aid support and development across the diocese.
- Manage the SIAMS inspection process.
Telephone: 0116 261 5350
Any general enquiries can be sent to DBEOffice@LecCofE.org